One of the first exciting milestones that many preschoolers meet in their pre-k year is learning to write their name.
While this process can be exciting, preschool teachers often face the challenge of keeping track of where each child is on their name writing journey.
Not every child is ready to jump in and write their full name. It’s a process and one that we must respect for each child.
And respecting that process is the exact reason I created the Personalized Name Writing Notebook my second year teaching pre-k.
- Why the Personalized Name Writing Notebook is a successful approach to name writing
- When to use the Name Writing Notebook
- Differentiating the Name Writing Notebook
Blogposts or Episodes Related:
- Teaching Preschoolers to Write Their Names
- Tips for Teaching Name Writing
- Things to do Before Teaching Name Writing
Connect with Ashley
- Follow on Instagram @lovelycommotion
- Join the Lovely Preschool Teachers Facebook Group
More About the Lovely Preschool Teachers Podcast
Are you a busy preschool teacher who loves gaining new ideas, perspectives, and inspiration for your classroom? The Lovely Preschool Teachers Podcast is here to help you up your confidence in educating early learners in a quick, actionable way!
As an early educator who is still in the classroom, Ashley Rives will share the ins and outs of how she runs her classroom in a play-based, child-centered way. Each week, expect a new episode focused on actionable strategies to level up your abilities and confidence as a preschool teacher.
Ashley Rives is an early educator with over 17 years of experience and a strong passion to help teachers implement child-centered learning in preschool classrooms all over the world. You can follow her on Instagram @lovelycommotion or learn more at the Lovely Commotion Preschool Resources website: www.lovelycommotion.com