The Back from Break Struggles
The ‘Back from Holiday Break’ struggles are REAL – am I right?
To be honest I kinda dread it each year. Am I super excited to see those faces I’ve missed over break? Yes. Do I want to go back and have to re-teach procedures and expectations? No, not particularly.
But….truth is, after several weeks off from school, sometimes our little learners forget expectations and rules. They have been out of practice and therefore need some reminders.
- Re-teaching Classroom Expectations
- Three Go To Resources for Re-teaching Procedures and Expectations
- Procedure Cards: Classroom Procedure & Routine Visuals for Preschool, Pre-k and Kindergarten (teacherspayteachers.com)
- Transition Songs: Preschool Transition Songs (lovelycommotion.com)
- Visual Schedules: https://www.lovelycommotion.com/opt-in-92321598-ffed-4229-9ff6-d00ff623de7
Related Episodes or Blog Posts:
- Tips for Teaching Classroom Procedures: https://www.lovelycommotion.com/blog/tips-teaching-classroom-procedures
- Sing It , Don’t Yell It: Preschool Transition Songs (lovelycommotion.com)
- Visual Schedules for Preschool: https://www.lovelycommotion.com/blog/benefits-visual-schedule
Connect with Ashley:
More About the Lovely Preschool Teachers Podcast:
Are you a busy preschool teacher who loves gaining new ideas, perspectives and inspiration for your classroom? The Lovely Preschool Teachers Podcast is here to help you up your confidence in educating early learners in a quick, actionable way!
As an early educator who is still in the classroom, Ashley Rives will share the ins and outs of how she runs her classroom in a play-based, child-centered way. Each week, expect a new episode focused on actionable strategies to level up your abilities and confidence as a preschool teacher.
Ashley Rives is an early educator with over 17 years of experience and a strong passion to help teachers implement child-centered learning in preschool classrooms all over the world. You can follow her on Instagram @lovelycommotion or learn more at the Lovely Commotion Preschool Resources website: www.lovelycommotion.com.